Sunday, August 29, 2010

huanghe RIVER!!!!

Hi!!! its me again.This is my fourth blog entry! And i guess my blog entries are going to come to a end soon .Anyway, in this blog entry i am going to talk about some dissappointing things.My levees has unfortunately breached more than 1,500 times, and my course  has also changed 26 times in the last three millennia. One of my major course change took place in 1194 A.D.Because of me, villages and huge amounts of agriculture and farmland were washed away and about 80 million people were also left homeless. Nearly 1 million people died in the flood itself and in the famines and epidemics that resulted from the flooding.Don't blame me, i did not expect it to happen!But still i feel very bad. I would  like to use this opportunity to apologise to those whom are affected by me. and also i would like to warn them to be alert at any time as things like this is undercontroll,so i can't do anything.Next thing i would like to say is that, pollutions, hydropower, and intensive water extraction for human consumption, agriculture, and industrial use are all taking their toll on ME!!!severe pollution has made one-third of me unusable, even for agricultural or industrial use, due to factory discharges and sewage from fast-expanding.i feel very dirty.i amasking those who did this to me ,"how would you feel if someone poured oil or chemicals on you and dirtied you?"I am also in the same situation. So please use the proper sewage system.Thankyou and once again sorry!!!
sources/information from:
-http://library.thinkquest.org/20443/huanghe.html
-http://www.socialstudiesforkids.com/articles/geography/huangheriver.htm                                     
-http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/about_freshwater/rivers/yellow_river/
-http://cities(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_River)
                                                                                               Done: rachel lin
                                                                                                  Edited by:geetha and Xu Yu

No comments:

Post a Comment