Saturday, August 28, 2010

Intro

HI! I am the Hwang River. I am located in China. Let me introduce myself, I am the second largest river in China and the fifth longest in the world! I decided to create this blog because I want to expand YOUR knowledge on me, The Hwang River. :D I am nicknamed as 'cradle of Chinese Civilization'. Do you know why? It means that the Chinese Civilization started near my body. In another words, I am OLD. In fact, I am still present now. I was 'borned' in year 602 BC. I have been developing over years just like human. 


I've been experiencing changes since i was 'borned'. Most of the time, it is due to the sediments. Large amount of loess carried by me and it will be deposited along the bottom of the river's canal. Overtime, a natural dam is formed. Eventually, the enormous amount of waters have to find a new way to the sea. This is when a flood occurs in a new valley. I hate flooding! It is always unpredictable. It also cause difficulty to farmers :( I am 5464 metre long and need to travel nine province in order for me to reach the sea, Bo Sea. I could flow at the speed of 1774.5m2/s, see, that is how fast I am! Impressed? My body shape is like a chinese character "ji" (几). I produces a lot of fishes. This provided food for those people who liver near me. I am well respect by the chinese, they call me "Hwang River Mother. See, here it is.

Now, you do you know me better? It's time for me to say goodbye,remember to check back again for my next entries ;)

Credits to  foureyes@deviantart
Done by Marcellina
Edit by Liu XuYu

No comments:

Post a Comment